Is it Bad that.........

<p>Is it bad that I haven't submitted my app yet?
I will have it done by November 30th but is that too late for the rolling admission process?</p>

<p>It is always rolling admissions. This year there are 2 notification periods. If you had applied by November 15th (with all documents, i.e. transcript, counselor recommendation, etc), you would receive a decision no later than January 15th. Since you plan to apply during the second notification period, you will receive a decision no later than March 15th.</p>

<p>is it possible for one to be denied the first time and then accepted the second</p>

<p>I think people are confusing the two notification periods with the first being priority. It's not.</p>

<p>You are at no disadvantage if you send if your application after November 15th, just if you get it in after the actual deadline in February. November 30th is a fine time to send it in. You'll be fine.</p>

<p>Even January works- but why wait? Make sure ALL of the materials reach in time- you can't expect a teacher to do his/her part at the last minute. The sooner you get that app in the sooner you might get an answer, the notification dates are just a promise that you won't be kept in suspense beyond the stated dates (the early one helpful if you discover you need to apply to other schools before deadlines, the later one for knowing if you should accept an offer from schools that wait until spring for all notifications). The decision to deny is a final one- you need to look at and apply to other schools, your only way in is to do well elsewhere and apply later as a transfer. Postponed students may get accepted if there is room later and accepted students can be denied if they do horribly senior year (keep those grades up).</p>