Is it just me or you guys feeling the same way to?

<p>Whoa! You guys been busy. Well, I just wanna comment on some things. </p>

<p>I agree with who ever said that you like both. I like both too, but to an extent. Dancing music and real rap are two different genres in my opinion. however, I feel Rap is not being unique anymore. No one is going for , “Oh I got something different”. They are just copying off the last rapper that did it…and its not like the rapper did it years ago…the song is CURRENT. </p>

<p>You know what I mean. I like Travis Porter, Big Sean,Wiz Khalifa, and those people like him…to an extent. Like there music is only really when your cleaning your house or dancing in a club. Besides that…its trash. And no one is actually listening to their music, its the beat. But, actually Big Sean and Wiz Khalifa are not in that category. They can be lyrical geniuses too. </p>

<p>Kid Cudi sure does go hard though. He’s interesting. Its like he displays whats going on in a high persons mind lol.</p>

<p>2015 girl…I TOTALLY Agree. That’s what I’m sick of. The horrible songs on the radio. Tragic. You cant even listen to different music.And I have to admit, most of the songs on my ipod are dumb old. Some one has too really go above and beyond to get on my ipod. lol. Its like the hall of fame. lol.</p>

<p>Oh yea and who ever said Lasers was bad…sorry your wrong. I have it and I’m listening to it ALL the time. </p>

<p>Never Forget you
The Words I never said
Out of my head
The Show goes on
All Black Everything
State run radio</p>

<p>Those are my favorites out of the album. I forgot the other songs. </p>

<p>Hey does any one listen to mixtapes though. I feel people really go hard on their mixtapes, but on the actual real album…they don’t even try…idk…maybe its the label.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Lasers is bad for Lupe. The lyrics suck; they lack the depth he is known for - this is an indisputable fact. Now, for some other MCs out there, this might have been a huge accomplishment, but after seeing the genius of The Cool, I was disappointed by Lasers.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>The people are just underground and don’t get as much radio play, and they’re also blurring the lines between genres. Frank Ocean? Mac Miller? People Under the Stairs? Immortal Technique? Fort Minor? Jedi Mind Tricks? Mac Lethal? Blue Scholars? Cam Meekins? Macklemore?</p>

<p>c’mon, son. </p>

<p>A lot of people are still producing great music. Don’t buy into the myth that rap is dead.</p>

<p>No its not a myth though. It is. I listen to those people too. But I find it disappointing that I have to look underground and this is not whats represented. btw. Frank Ocean is r&b tho.</p>

<p>Dont c’mon, son meeE! lmao. </p>

<p>i know music!
lol</p>

<p>^Haha, I wasn’t suggesting otherwise. :slight_smile: sorry if you got a different impression.</p>

<p>Frank Ocean is technically R&B, but I find it to be more fusion - or rather, a more evolved form - than traditional R&B a la new jack swing. The beat’s more aggressive, and his voice isn’t as…melodic (I dunno if that’s the term to use, but you see my point).</p>

<p>To be real, good music is always always underground - when is the last time something really good was on the radio?</p>

<p>Lil Wayne - Weezy F. Baby - liltunechi … Love him.</p>

<p>I really like rap. It’s really not what… they say, but how… they say it that appeals to me. Personally, I think it requires so much more creatitvity than other types of music.</p>

<p>Oh my gosh, FINALLY people who understand me! Let me just say that this thread is AH-MAY-ZING. : )</p>

<p>With MOST mixtapes, I feel as if more thought is put into lyrical content and even production and sound…maybe it’s to give fans hype before the real thing drops. Prime example: Drake. So Far Gone was The Biz. I’m talking so good I can still rap the whole mixtape word for word…but I won’t ; ) Now if you had never heard So Far Gone or anything from October’s Very Own, for that matter, then Thank Me Later sounds amazing. Now I’m not bashing it because it was an amazing album. But I’ll give the mixtape a 10 and the album a…8.8, maybe 9. I guess it took a while to grow on me because I’d been hearing Drake RAP for like 2 years (clearly that whole singing route didn’t work earlier in his career) and then he put out an album that had a lot of singing on it. I mean, I’m a girly girl but I wasn’t expecting him to sing. I commend it for being different but like I said, it took a while to grow on me…now I LOVE “Karaoke” and “Cece’s Interlude”…I always loved Shut It Down : )</p>

<p>Now I didn’t buy The Legend of Mr. Rager (Cudi) but based off of the singles, I would bet it wasn’t better than Man on the Moon: The End of Day. And if it wasn’t better than that, then it probably wasn’t better than A Kid Named Cudi, either. (That was my 2nd example.)</p>

<p>I’m hoping the same thing doesn’t happen with J. Cole after Friday Night Lights or Big Sean after Finally Famous…OR with Wale after More About Nothing…that HAD to be Mixtape of the Year…have y’all heard that?! Talk about words that make you think…</p>

<p>^ Hmmm…Well…Im a mixtape only person…I don’t do that main stream '</p>

<p>Like E 40 says </p>

<p>I dont bump mainstream I knock underground, all that other ish sugarcoated and water-downn!</p>

<p>YEPP! lol</p>

<p>But kid cudi is too good. </p>

<p>And i think I know what your saying about Drake. Like Seriously, how does he go from perfection “Closer to my dreams” To “the best I ever had”…</p>

<p>And I finally get this. Im not sick of non real rap… Like Theres different genres of rap and r&b</p>

<p>1 The dance portion
2 The sit down and nod your head portion
3 and the bump it in your car portion(which is the same as number 2)</p>

<p>Now…what I am sick of is…Mainstream rap that TRIES to get passed as number 2 or three…when there is nothing in that song i would nodd my head to or agree with. Like Money cars and h oes…nope…not real rap…The dance portion can be stupid, but when you try to pass it as real rap…no no no…You get a F and a detention son!</p>

<p>Hey guys check this out : [Mr</a>. Ghetto - Walmart (New Orleans Bounce) [Video]](<a href=“http://www.hiphopstan.com/mr-ghetto-walmart-new-orleans-bounce-video/]Mr”>http://www.hiphopstan.com/mr-ghetto-walmart-new-orleans-bounce-video/)</p>

<p>Quality hip hop right there!</p>

<p>I hate most rap :P</p>

<p>Same. Most mainstream stuff stinks.</p>

<p>Just heard the best line in a song today “I’m allergic to the hater type”. I literally could not stop laughing. :-)</p>

<p>@Mr Luggs, that song actually has a very good beat. Don’t play yourself - you know you like good southern club music.</p>

<p>And, in honor of ratchet music day (which is every day), a shoutout to the previous generation: [YouTube</a> - ITS TIME FOR DA PERCULATOR](<a href=“ITS TIME FOR DA PERCULATOR - YouTube”>ITS TIME FOR DA PERCULATOR - YouTube).</p>

<p>(Please don’t blame me for the spelling.)</p>