Is it likely for me to get into Texas A&M University?

Hello, I am a 16 year old girl going into junior year.

My dream is to get into the aerospace engineering program at TAMU, but I’m afraid I’m not good enough. I’m going into junior year, and I’m taking algebra 2, because I didn’t have the opportunity to skip a year ahead in math like many other students.

Here are my stats:
Freshman year:
Gpa: 4.56
All regulars classes -
Algebra 1 - 99
World geo - 94
Biology - 93
English 1 - 92
Dance 1 - 100
Spanish 1 - 99
Computer applications and programming - 99

• 800 on PSAT, but this is because I was homeschooled so I didn’t learn material that could be applied to the SAT.

Sophomore year:
Gpa: 4.81
Some pre-ap classes -
Pre ap Geometry - 100
Pre ap chemistry - 97
World history - 100
English 2 - 98
Dance 2 - 100
Debate - 100
Spanish 2 - 98
*1030 on the PSAT. I raised it 230 points. I’m looking to raise it to a minimum of 1170.

This junior year I will be talking:
Engineering 1
Drill team
Astronomy
Ap physics
DUAL CREDIT english 3
DUAL CREDIT us history
Algebra 2

I made it on the drill team, and I know colleges like to see activities. The year prior to making the drill team for junior year, I did competitive figure (ice) skating for 7 years.

I’m working on getting 40 volunteer hours.
Do you think it is likely I can get into TAMU for a degree in aerospace engineering?

It’s really going to come down to your test scores. Your grades are great. Extra curricular me are kind of thin but really showcase the figure skating. 7 years competitive shows discipline and commitment. That goes a long way. Try to get a leadership position in drill team.

Question though… how can you do dual credit in English as a junior? Is it like an English lit class? Comp and rhetoric are senior year. So just making sure the class you take makes sense. You’ll want to make sure it counts for something in the degree plan.

Overall, yes you have a solid chance at getting some type of offer. Sat scores will determine more of what type.

Kudos to you for being on top of things. I can tell you’ll do great wherever you land. Please keep us posted.

Yes, sorry, didn’t mean english 3, but yes English lit class. Thank you so much for your positive feedback and encouragement , it means a lot :). I am going to be working hard on raising my SAT score. Thank you again, and of course, I will you guys posted.

I’m also in the top 25% of my class.

Are you instate?

Yes, I am instate.