Is it normal not hearing back from Texas A&M till end of April for Fall admissions?

I applied for Masters admission at TAMU Engineering CSE dept. for Fall 2023. I submitted the application in the EngineeringCAS portal in December 22, way before the deadline. The status shows as completed. But I haven’t heard back about any decision yet, neither accepted nor rejected. Not it is end of April. What could be the reason? Is it a normal occurrence. Most other universities I applied to have already given our their decisions.

You should probably call the engineering department or office of admissions to see when the decisions will be released.

I have sent out an email, but no reply. I am outside US, so making a call is quite difficult

The admissions offices get many many emails. You might want to set an alarm and call. Our oldest was accepted to grad school in January. She had a grad coordinator who was available to answer questions. You might want to find out who that person is on the school website for your particular program.

got reply on the email saying that the application is still in review and not to contact again regarding the status of the application, they will send the decision once made. So, will have to just wait I guess

Are you an international student?

yes

Well…at this point you have an answer from TAMU…just be patient and wait.

1 Like