Is it possible for a middle schooler to get into UCs?

I am a 7th grader who took the SAT through Duke TIP. As a result of a lot of studying, I received a 1570 on the test (800RW/770M). Unfortunately, UCs only accept the SAT with essay.
I noticed that the website has a section on admission by examination. http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/freshman/requirements/examination/index.html
Upon further studying, it seems like I don’t need to have a high school diploma or have taken high school courses to get in through this method.
Let’s say I take the SAT with essay and two SAT subject tests (two or all of math II, chem, physics). Let’s assume I’m able to receive perfect or near-perfect scores, which I can already get on practice tests. If I apply next year, in 8th grade, will my application be considered? Will I have a fair chance at getting in, or will I be significantly disadvantaged? Should I take the time and spend the money to take the SAT and subject tests and apply, or is it a waste? My ECs are pretty decent, and I think I’ll get pretty good recommendations.

1. Other than UCB, LOR’s are not considered for admission to the UC’s and UCB invites applicants to submit LOR’s.

2. The admission by examination is as stated on the website: In general, this method of consideration is designed for students who have been unable to meet the regular subject requirements and/or earn a high school diploma because of unique circumstances, such as non-traditional education or long-term illness.

So do you have unique circumstances or a long-term illness that will prevent you from attending High School? Are you homeschooled? Do you have circumstances preventing you from attending High School?

Also there is no guarantee that they will consider you application just based on your age which will have a negative impact on your chances.

What is the hurry?

Colleges want to admit students that will succeed and although your SAT score is exceptional there is more involved than having good test scores to do well in a college setting. I suggest you look into taking some dual enrollment courses to get your so called “feet wet” with college courses while attending a HS and completing the UC a-g course requirements. Then apply either a year early as a Junior or you may find you want to complete 4 years of HS.

That web page says that “In general, this method of consideration is designed for students who have been unable to meet the regular subject requirements and/or earn a high school diploma because of unique circumstances, such as non-traditional education or long-term illness.”

Since there is no indication that you would be unable to enroll in and complete high school the usual way, it is unlikely that trying this route will be successful the way you are suggesting.

There have been students who started at UC at age more typical of students in middle school. But their profiles do not match what you are trying to do. Example: https://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/at-just-14-ucla-math-student-moshe-229359

You’re way too young. Remember, a good test score that tested you on concepts in maybe some 9th grade-10th-grade math and interpretation does not mean that you’ll thrive in a college setting with the college-level courses offered in STEM and the arts.

Further elaboration:
In general, this method of consideration is designed for students who, through no fault of their own, have been unable to meet the regular subject requirements and/or earn a high school diploma.

http://www.dailycal.org/2012/10/30/berkeleys-youngest-student-unfazed-by-college-rigor/

A 12 year old who was ay Berkeley a few years ago.

NOT A GOOD IDEA.

About thirty kids a year in the twelve and under age group will score over 700 on both parts of the SAT

Though they may have the smarts, achieving scores that would be exceptional for students in their junior and senior years of High School, what they lack is experience and maturity.

I say that as a parent who’s son scored in the high 700’s on all three parts of the SAT (back when there were three sections) taking it cold, with no practice when he was 12 years old.

We found him an extremely rigorous HS program, and supplemented that with advanced course work at top universities and research labs. He got to have a normal childhood, with a normal social life. Don’t discount the value of either.

When it was time to apply for college, he was accepted at every HYPMS level school he applied to, decided on one and loved his college years.

Talk to your parents about finding more challenging HS programs. Take some college classes. Whatever you do, don’t skip High School and go straight to college.

A lot of prodigies accelerate things by attending community college and then they transfer to a four-year. Why don’t you have your parents look into this?