Is it time to register for spring already?

<p>With fall break coming up, this may have dropped of some of the radars. I know it did for us.</p>

<p>Could some of you knowledgeable seasoned folks here give us newbies, and some not so newbies, the lowdown on when the kids need to register?</p>

<p>I’m assuming they’ve been advised already. If not, they need to take care of that first, I guess?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Try this: [Registration</a> and Advising | The Office of the University Registrar - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://registrar.ua.edu/services/mystudent/registration-and-advising/]Registration”>http://registrar.ua.edu/services/mystudent/registration-and-advising/)</p>

<p>OCT 24 7:00 AM Graduate Students
OCT 25 7:00 AM Students with priority registration and Distance Learning students
with greater than or equal to 115 earned hours
OCT 25 11:00 AM Students with priority registration and Distance Learning students
with greater than or equal to 100 earned hours
OCT 25 2:00 PM Students with priority registration and Distance Learning students
with greater than or equal to 87 earned hours
OCT 26 7:00 AM Students with priority registration and Distance Learning students
with greater than or equal to 75 earned hours
OCT 26 11:00 AM Students with priority registration and Distance Learning students
with greater than or equal to 65 earned hours
OCT 26 2:00 PM Students with priority registration and Distance Learning students
with greater than or equal to 52 earned hours
OCT 27 7:00 AM Students with priority registration and Distance Learning students
with greater than or equal to 42 earned hours
OCT 27 11:00 AM Students with priority registration and Distance Learning students
with greater than or equal to 34 earned hours
OCT 27 2:00 PM Students with priority registration and Distance Learning students
with greater than or equal to 27 earned hours
OCT 28 7:00 AM Students with priority registration and Distance Learning students
with greater than or equal to 15 earned hours
OCT 28 11:00 AM Students with priority registration and Distance Learning students
with greater than or equal to 5 earned hours
OCT 28 2:00 PM Students with priority registration and Distance Learning students
with greater than or equal to 0 earned hours
OCT 31 7:00 AM Students with greater than or equal to 128 earned hours
OCT 31 11:00 AM Students with greater than or equal to 118 earned hours
OCT 31 2:00 PM Students with greater than or equal to 110 earned hours
NOV 01 7:00 AM Students with greater than or equal to 104 earned hours
NOV 01 11:00 AM Students with greater than or equal to 99 earned hours
NOV 01 2:00 PM Students with greater than or equal to 94 earned hours
NOV 02 7:00 AM Students with greater than or equal to 90 earned hours
NOV 02 11:00 AM Students with greater than or equal to 87 earned hours and
Students with class code of “PG” or “IP”
NOV 02 2:00 PM Students with greater than or equal to 82 earned hours
NOV 03 7:00 AM Students with greater than or equal to 76 earned hours
NOV 03 11:00 AM Students with greater than or equal to 71 earned hours
NOV 03 2:00 PM Students with greater than or equal to 66 earned hours
NOV 04 7:00 AM Students with greater than or equal to 62 earned hours
NOV 04 11:00 AM Students with greater than or equal to 58 earned hours
NOV 04 2:00 PM Students with greater than or equal to 53 earned hours
NOV 07 7:00 AM Students with greater than or equal to 47 earned hours
NOV 07 11:00 AM Students with greater than or equal to 40 earned hours
NOV 07 2:00 PM Students with greater than or equal to 34 earned hours
NOV 08 7:00 AM Students with greater than or equal to 30 earned hours
NOV 08 11:00 AM Students with greater than or equal to 27 earned hours
NOV 08 2:00 PM Students with greater than or equal to 24 earned hours
NOV 09 7:00 AM Students with greater than or equal to 17 earned hours
NOV 09 11:00 AM Students with greater than or equal to 8 earned hours
NOV 09 2:00 PM Students with greater than 0 earned hours
NOV 10 7:00 AM Students with No Hours and First Letter of Last Name from A-C
NOV 10 11:00 AM Students with No Hours and First Letter of Last Name from D-H
NOV 10 2:00 PM Students with No Hours and First Letter of Last Name from I-L
NOV 11 7:00 PM Students with No Hours and First Letter of Last Name from M-Q
NOV 11 11:00 AM Students with No Hours and First Letter of Last Name from R-T
NOV 11 2:00 PM Students with No Hours and First Letter of Last Name from U-Z</p>

<p>They should have been advised already, registration starts tomorrow 10/24/11.</p>

<p>Are students in the Honors college part of priority registration? For example, if I’m in the honors college and have 40 hours, would my registration be on October 27 at 11 am or November 7 at 11 am?</p>

<p>Yes, you are part of the priority registration. If you go to mybama, you can click on your registration status and it will tell you when your registration time begins.</p>

<p>Honors College students get priority registration. Note that the credits you are taking this semester do not count as part of that 40. If the 40 credits is only AP/transfer/dual enrollment credit, your registration time will be at 11am on October 27th.</p>

<p>Calculation of hours earned></p>

<p>I’m confused, as my son has 67 total credits, but they’ve given him the later time slot, that for 52 credits, to register. Half of his credits are institutional, half not, so if they’re not counting transfer or AP, he would only have 34 credits, and have to register even later.</p>

<p>Hopefully, it won’t be a problem, as he’s only bumped up one registration session, but I’m confused as to why he was assigned the “wrong” registration time.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>When you go to mybama and look at his unofficial transcript, how many credits does it say that your son has earned (not counting credits in progress)? Maybe some of his credits didn’t get transferred? </p>

<p>If he has AP credits for both AP English classes, then only the credits from one class will count.</p>

<p>Yeah that’s what happened to S. He had AP English & took Eng 102 at Ole Miss, so they took off 3 credits and marked Ole Miss as duplicate class. They still factored in the grade in his gpa though.</p>

<p>No, only one English AP. He had to take the second semester. I’ll double check. Only weird AP thing he has is that he got AP credit for Calculus I, but did take the class. His transfer credits are not all AP. He took several classes at a local university, some that are just extras, and some that were required for his degree.</p>

<p>*Yeah that’s what happened to S. He had AP English & took Eng 102 at Ole Miss, so they took off 3 credits and marked Ole Miss as duplicate class. They still factored in the grade in his gpa though. *</p>

<p>I would call about that. If he was given 3 credits for AP English, that would be for 101. If he took Eng 102 at Ole Miss, then he should have been given 3 credits for that. </p>

<p>*Only weird AP thing he has is that he got AP credit for Calculus I, but did take the class. *</p>

<p>??</p>

<p>Are you saying that Bama gave him AP credit for Cal I, yet your son never took AP Cal I? If so, that’s odd. </p>

<p>Didn’t your son take Cal at Bama? What credit was he given for that? He can’t get credit for both AP Cal and Cal I at the school.</p>

<p>Oh, no, not given credit for both AP Calc and taking Calc I at Bama. Just saying that’s the only weird thing in his curriculum, that he did take Calc I even though he didn’t “have” to.</p>

<p>Called the registrar’s office and they fixed the problem. They said sometimes there’s a glitch when transfer credit is involved. I’m hoping it wouldn’t be a problem since he’s got priority registration with honors, but some of his needed classes have only one section, so I was worried about him getting locked out.</p>

<p>I believe S has 6 credits for English listed, although I can’t quite remember how he got them, I thought AP gave you 6, then 102 wad the duplicate.</p>

<p>AP does give you 6, if you get a 4 or 5. It gives you 3 credits if you get a score of 3.</p>

<p>If your son had a 4+, then he got all the credits, so the Ole Miss credit would be redundant.</p>

<p>yep - check your hours and transcript.</p>

<p>daughter just realized today that her classes from this summer had ot been transferred. ugh!</p>

<p>anyone know if someone can override her reg. time since we can’t get the official transcript to them probably until after she is supposed to be able to register.</p>

<p>Call the records department where she took her summer class and see if they can fax her transcript to the registrar. Then call the Bama registrar. Don’t know if this will work, but it’s worth a try. I had called in September when only one of son’s courses appeared on Degree Works, and they added the second course in while I was on the phone. They did, however, have the official transcript in hand, so you would probably have to at least fax a copy to them for them to work with. Good luck!</p>

<p>they won’t do anything without the OFFICIAL transcript. >:(</p>

<p>There have been some glitches in transcripts, which caused issues with registration. My son called the other night and said he was originally given a registration time of next Monday. He’s in the honors college (as well as CBHP). He also has enough credits for senior status. He sent a quick e-mail, pointed out the problem and had it resolved in less than an hour.</p>

<p>Sometimes a transcript can be sent electronically or faxed.</p>