Is it time to register for spring already?

<p>i asked about that. the local college only sends electronic transcripts to in state schools. i don’t know why. i asked them if an unofficial faxed transcript would do to switch her reg. time. they said no. boo!</p>

<p>We had the same problem a couple of weeks ago that delayed our son’s advisement. We sent the first transcript last May prior to our BamaBound in June. I have a receipt that the UA Registrar’s office signed for it. </p>

<p>When our son began looking at registration, he realized that the classes weren’t there. After visiting with UA Registrar Office staff, he asked me to go to our in-state University and get another copy of his transcript. Now that he is 18, I had to bring a copy of our tax records showing him as a dependent to get a copy of his in-state transcript. I had the transcript, in a sealed and signed envelope, within 15 minutes. The local University office was really understanding. We overnighted it for three dollars from our post office to our son. It really expedited the process.</p>

<p>I hope the information helps you and your daughter.</p>

<p>i have a copy being fedexed, but i don’t think it will get there in time to have the problem solved before her 2:00 reg. time. : (</p>

<p>but thanks for the info.</p>

<p>Argh! After all our prep work, son has an advising hold on registration. </p>

<p>Seems after you get your paper signed by your advisor, you have to turn it in to the department office.</p>

<p>Now, son is in engineering, so perhaps your child’s department may be different, but make sure they find out what the next step is after advisement before they can proceed to registration.</p>

<p>Son is running back to his room to retrieve his paper and turn it in to his department to get the hold taken off, and hopefully, there will still be spots open in his classes. He’s concerned because there’s only one session available for a few of them.</p>

<p>Good luck to everyone! And I apologize for the scream that I think malanai may have even heard over in Hawaii!</p>

<p>Montegut, I was in the same boat; while I had met with my advisor in early September and he had updated my course plans, he had forgotten to clear me for registration.</p>

<p>Through a glitch in UA’s computer system, momreads’s son, myself, and many other University Scholars “lost” our priority registration and had to have it readded. Luckily, everyone was able to get into all of their desired courses.</p>

<p>^^^Thank goodness. Hope scheduling goes okay for everyone.</p>

<p>Can you refresh your memory on how to put yourself on the WL?</p>

<p>Any suggestion for an easy honors seminar?</p>

<p>Has anyone done the Honors photography and know how much time it requires?</p>

<p>Try this: [Frequently</a> Asked Questions ? Registration | The Office of the University Registrar - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://registrar.ua.edu/services/mystudent/registration-and-advising/registration-faq/]Frequently”>http://registrar.ua.edu/services/mystudent/registration-and-advising/registration-faq/)</p>

<p>There are instructions for waitlisting. HTH</p>

<p>^^^Thanks for this, cuttlefish. Will bookmark this in case we need it in the future.</p>

<p>Montegut: Did your S get registered? I hope all is well.</p>

<p>^^^Yes, he did. Thanks, cuttlefish. He had tried to get into a different calc class this semester and couldn’t figure out how to get on the waitlist. He wound up sticking with the professor he got. He didn’t have a problem with the professor. Most of his friends were in the other section at the same time. But things have worked out. He’s doing very well in the class, so he’s glad he just left well enough alone.</p>

<p>honors photo has been full every time we have tried to get it. it is full now, as well.</p>

<p>What kind of camera do the students need for Honors Photo? Does the school provide them?</p>

<p>i think cameras are provided.</p>