Is it too late for dorms?

<p>I have recently been accepted in A&M into general studies (it was my second choice!), and am very excited about it. However, I hope to live in a dorm for my freshman year. Does anyone know if dorms have already been filled up? Or how has it been previous years for dorms filling up and that timing? Any help greatly appreciated!</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>You should be just fine on the dorms. Congrats and Gig 'em!</p>

<p>S signed up for mosher, aston, kreuger in that order. Are those pretty decent?</p>

<p>how are those two?<br>
looking for the ones that might have a little more space and in decent shape…
yeah, I’m with Carolein, would like to know more about Mosher…is it hard to study there, or can you find a place downstairs when you need it?</p>

<p>I asked about this a while ago. A lot of people seem to say Texas A&M assigns dorms by the dates they received housing applications. However, if you go back and look at the Facebook groups for the Class of 2012, 2013, and 2014, it really doesn’t seem like dates matter too much. I’ve heard of people applying for housing in November only to find out they didn’t get their roommate OR hall preference, and people who applied for housing in March who got into the Commons. Keep your fingers crossed I guess!</p>

<p>I’ve recently been accepted and plan on going to a&m, but i forgot about the deadline for applying for housing,is there still a chance that i can end up with any dorm? (Im kinda desperate)</p>

<p>z675910 at this point in time, I think you’d be lucky if you even got temporary housing.</p>

<p>The housing application process is closed right now because they are full. They might open it back up for a short time, as they have people cancel and decide to go to other schools. You can sign up to be notified if they open housing back up.</p>

<p>Regents scholars can apply now. Other students can’t, unfortunately.</p>

<p>You can still sign up if you are joining the Corps. My son was notified he made it into Blinn Team late last Friday. We signed him up for a dorm on Sunday. But I know the Corps is not for every one. :)</p>

<p>Housing sent out this notification this week:</p>

<p>We know that you are anxious to find out what your on-campus housing options are at Texas A&M-College Station for next fall. Currently, we have not received enough cancellations to open up on-campus housing BEFORE May 4th. Any student who does not accept their admissions offer to come to Texas A&M-College by May 1st will be automatically cancelled out of housing. We will need a few days to process all of those cancellations</p>

<p>By keeping your name on the On-Campus Housing Notification List, you will get a “heads up and a head start” if we open up housing again. Our goal is to give you approximately 24 hour notice that we will be opening up housing again for next fall. </p>

<p>We also understand that some of you will chose not to wait and will sign off-campus housing leases. There is plenty of off-campus housing available in the Bryan/College Station area, so finding a place to live off-campus will not be a problem. Here is the link to the off-campus housing office: [Off-Campus</a> Students | Offices of the Dean of Student Life - Texas A&M](<a href=“http://studentlife.tamu.edu/agoss/offcampus]Off-Campus”>Texas A&M University | Off-Campus Housing Search). Please keep in mind that once you sign your off-campus lease, you are bound by that off-campus lease if on-campus housing should become available </p>

<p>If on-campus housing does not open back up in early May, there are several other opportunities where on-campus housing may open back up again (based on timelines in the housing contract). These are:</p>

<pre><code>After May 15th
After July 15th
</code></pre>

<p>We appreciate your patience while we work thru the various cancellation timelines. Our experience has shown that the longer you can wait, the better your chances are that you will get on-campus housing at Texas A&M-College Station</p>