Is it too late to apply as a transfer?

<p>I know the deadline is October 15 but realistically is it too late to apply as a transfer for computer science?</p>

<p>No, it’s never too late. I’m not sure the cap space for the department, but you can always email an advisor in the department to see if they are near it.</p>

<p>^^ do you have a link to the advisor email addresses?</p>

<p>What are you stats?</p>

<p>^^ 2.5 GPA with a bachelors of business admin. Long story. Transferring to get a second degree in CS.</p>

<p>please, Apply before Oct 15, never doubt yourself. They would be delighted to hear your “long story” and it will be a huge factor, very huge. Even though you do not get accepted to your major right away, I reckon that you may get acceptance into the school for a semester before being accepted into your major, either way, It could be very worse. You will need an essay, let them know your “long story” do not beat about the bush. Good luck!</p>

<p>If you already have a bachelors I’m not sure you would be considered a transfer applicant…but, I could be wrong. If you are viewed as a transfer I’m not too certain you’d get in with a 2.5 considering it is the bare minimum. They would probably view you very low compared to other students because 2.5 on 24-45 hours means just a rough start, but 2.5 on 120 hours just means bad grades throughout.</p>

<p>you don’t want a career with your business administration degree?</p>

<p>also, you need to take into account the amount of student loans you have taken out already. There is a cap on the maximum, unless of course you have paid part of them back already (if you took any out). I remember you telling us that you commuted TWO hours to school everyday. Why did you do this? I’m a commuter at my current University, but it’s only 15 miles away.</p>

<p>Have you gotten any ‘official’ advice from a University representative? Given there is a maximum amount of units that you can earn & remain an undergrad, this doesn’t seem to be a viable option to apply for a second bachelors.</p>

<p>I would shoot an email to </p>

<p><a href=“mailto:calebdunson@tamu.edu”>calebdunson@tamu.edu</a></p>

<p>He is a prospective student center adviser at College Station. When I was applying, he was very helpful.</p>

<p>@hadetunj
What do you mean by getting accepted to the school but not by the major? Would I still be able to enroll in CS courses? I’m done with my general ed classes. </p>

<p>@itscole
No I want a career change. Business admin isn’t for me, I have no passion for it. The job outlook in my area is bleak, which is why I’m moving and changing professions if I can. </p>

<p>And I took out ~$30,000 in loans for my previous degree. I commuted bc at the tone it was my only option financially. Looking back I might have been able to do it, but that time has passed. </p>

<p>Thanks for the email address I emailed him with my concerns.</p>

<p>there’s a max of 31,000 of federal student loans you can take out I believe. So you would either have to pay in full or take out private loans… + what did the adviser say about your situation?</p>