Is it too late to change to Nursing

I am a sophmore majoring in biology/pre physician assistant. Is it too late to switch to nursing? Also, how do you get into the nursing program?

Most programs that are “direct entry” from high school do not have much room for transfers. Some of the lesser known private colleges may have room for transfers.

You can apply to a program that admits nursing majors for the last 2 years. Or, you could transfer to a hospital-based nursing program, some of which offer associates and some of which offer bachelors degrees .

Some community colleges offer associates degrees that allow you to take the RN test, but many employers prefer
BSN degrees.

Or, you could finish a degree in biology and then get a nursing degree from another college - which often takes about 12 to 18 months.

There also are a few programs that specialize in transfers for the last 2 years. One is Thomas Jefferson University in Center City Philadelphia. You need to complete a set of pre-requisites with a total of 65 credits before you can start their program. However, you can apply before you have completed all of those courses.

http://www.jefferson.edu/university/nursing/degrees-programs/bachelor-science-nursing/fact-2-year/applying.html

What school do you do to? Do they have nursing? What’s your GPA?

Most importantly why do you want to change?

Lamar University, it’s not very well known. Last semester my GPA was 3.25 I think. Yes, my school does have a BSN program. Honestly, I hate the biology class that I’m taking right now, learning about cells bores me and I’m having a hard time focusing on it. The nursing program seems more suited for me, I find anatomy interesting. Thanks for replying.