Is it too late to contact Tufts about changing to ED2?

We recently visited Boston for a family event. My student who had applied RD stayed with a friend on campus and while they had previously toured, absolutely loved it. I guess seeing it from a student perspective changed things

They are wondering if it it too late to contact admissions and ask about switching to ED2? They do not want to appear indecisive or anything. Thoughts?

The ED2 deadline was January 4th, and Tufts just announced that it is releasing ED2 decisions this Thursday, February 2nd. It is too late, but if they want to remove all doubt, they can call to confirm.

1 Like

Agree…likely too late to change but your student can contact admissions and ask (perhaps mention the very recent visit).

2 Likes

Thank you. I did not realize they are announcing this week. Definitely too late. They can certainly send an update letter next week indicating it is their first choice

1 Like

i would check. hamilton’s deadline was sunday 1/29 and they are releasing this friday. doesn’t hurt to ask!

Deleted

Hamilton’s ED2 application deadline was January 4, just like Tufts.

The comparison seems to have been that Hamilton allowed RD applicants to convert to EDII as late as January 29th.

1 Like

Ah, was that published or did they reach out and offer applicants a chance to make a late switch?

published.

1 Like

Yep, there it is, right on the website. Thanks.