Is it too late to get scholarships?

<p>So, I have a friend from Georgia and she wasn’t even really considering Alabama previously, but we got her to come visit last weekend and she absolutely loved it here and now she’s really thinking about coming here. If she applies right now, what chance does she have of still getting a scholarship; she has a 31 ACT and is out of state. Also, would she still be eligible to apply for the Honors College and live in honors dorms if she has a friend who applied earlier willing to pull her in to a suite?</p>

<p>She is definitely eligible for the Honors College. As to how much scholarship money she could receive, a lot depends on what is left over. A student may have originally said that he or she wanted to go to Alabama but got a better offer from another school or got into his or her dream school at a later date. So she should apply and see what happens.</p>

<p>She would have to apply quickly and then deposit after acceptance to get into an honors dorm. she’ll definitely get into the Honors College.</p>

<p>As for scholarships…she is past the deadline, but Bama does sometimes give out scholarships to late applicants. She’ll have to apply and see.</p>

<p>The app is fast and easy…so tell her to get it in ASAP.</p>

<p>Has she rec’d any scholarships from other schools?</p>

<p>Ok thanks, I think she’s going to apply today. And I know she has applied to Georgia, Georgia Tech, George Washington U, and some other “fancy” out of states, and she at least has a scholarship to Georgia if not others.</p>

<p>She might also try the “chat” at the UA website. When DS was applying, the chat lady was incredibly helpful and went way out of her way to make sure we got all the required stuff in under the wire. :)</p>

<p>Okay, she filled out all of her applications and sent in all her scores and her transcript. Is there anything else she should do or somebody she can talk to to help her, or is it just wait and see now?</p>

<p>Was she able to fill out a scholarship app?</p>

<p>I think she should send emails to…</p>

<p><a href=“mailto:lindsay.hutcherson@ua.edu”>lindsay.hutcherson@ua.edu</a>
and
<a href=“mailto:betsy.escher@ua.edu”>betsy.escher@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>She should give her stats and her CWID. She should politely apologize for the lateness of her app, and ask what she can do for scholarship consideration. She should mention that she recently visited the school and really liked it, etc.</p>

<p>I know there were some applications that she couldn’t fill out until they accepted her, but she filled out everything she could, and she’s ready to fill out the rest when it becomes available to her. Thanks so much for your help!</p>

<p>Well, she sent those two emails and is waiting for replies, but she had previously sent an email to <a href=“mailto:scholarships@ua.edu”>scholarships@ua.edu</a> and got this as a response</p>

<p>" Unfortunately, as you stated, the scholarship deadline has passed. You are able to apply for scholarships outside the university that we will gladly accept or you can check with financial aid about what options they have. If you do decide to attend Alabama, you will be able to apply for scholarships as a Freshman for your Sophomore year. Have a good day.</p>

<p>-ck"</p>

<p>Just an update, but I’m hoping that Ms. Hutcherson or Escher might be able to help her more.</p>