Is it true that UCs may start looking at STAR test scores?

<p>My school tries to threaten us to do well by saying UCs are considering looking at STAR test grades as part of admission, but is this true? If it is, do any of you know when they MIGHT start looking at it?</p>

<p>I doubt they will look into it with admissions, but if you do extremely, extremely well, I believe you get some sort of recognition which you can put on your application. But 98% of the jumble that the school gives you about trying hard on your STAR testing is because of the fact that the school earns funds by how their students perform on the STAR tests.</p>

<p>LMAO UC's dont give a beeeep about STAR testing</p>

<p>My Spanish teacher says you get a scholarship if you do super duper hecka hella good. o.o</p>

<p>The UC's don't look at your STAR scores directly, but they consider your school's API (Academic Performance Index), of which a large (I think 80%?) amount comes from the STAR, CAT, CAHSEE etc. Interestingly, though, UCSD's point system rewards students where the API score is low (4th and 5th quintile), although in general a high API score will suggest rigor in high school.</p>

<p>Well...
It was announced at my school that STAR testing scores will be included on transcripts starting this year.
So... the scores might be considered now.</p>

<p>Thank goodness i'm graduating this year!</p>

<p>Its really just a scare tactic. The UCs technically don't get the transcript until July, so until then it doesn't matter at all. For privates, it <em>might</em> be a concern, but if you had a solid GPA, awesome AP/IB scores, and solid/great SAT scores, it seriously doesn't matter. I mean, if you were to send it to places on the East Coast, how the heck are they supposed to know what the STAR is oO;;</p>

<p>Man, if they did that for this year, I would be screwed.</p>

<p>LOL, I hear you california-bolt.</p>

<p>I doubt it's true though... they are just saying that so they'd scare you guys into doing good. I heard the school gets funding from the results of the tests so of course they want you to do good.</p>