Is it worth applying with a 88 average and 1230 SAT?

<p>Yup, those are my stats. I'm applying to a bunch of other SUNYs, but I was wondering if it were worth applying to bing. I also have good extra-curriculars and community service and work, and good reccomendations/essay, etc (i hope)</p>

<ul>
<li>I meant geneseo. oopsies</li>
</ul>

<p>Probably not, but it’s your $40.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.</p>

<p>BTW-Just saw on a post today, someone said the acceptance rate at Bing was down to 31%. That’s down from 43% a couple of years ago. Record applicatons.</p>

<p>I would apply. Geneseo does look at students with an SAT score above 1200. They do have a filtering process from what I understand. Applications with less than 1200 on the SAT aren’t usually considered. </p>

<p>Go for it!</p>

<p>You should absolutely apply. Don’t listen to justchuck. </p>

<p>I got in with a 1240 and 94 average supposedly during the most competitive year in college history.</p>

<p>If you don’t get in, then you will probably be wait listed which isn’t such a bad thing. There is a chance to be accepted off the wait list and if you’re not, then you are offered guaranteed spring admission.</p>

<p>Sean 256-I DIDN’T tell the poster not to apply. In fact, I encouraged him TO apply. </p>

<p>That said, his average is about 4 points below the bottom of Geneseo’s middle 50% range (92-96).</p>

<p>And just to correct myself, I don’t think Bings acceptance rate ws 43% a couple of years ago I think Stony Brooks was. Bing has recently been around 39%.</p>

<p>If it helps to know I applied to Geneseo with an 88 average and a rather low SAT and I was accepted regular decision, so it’s worth a try if you really want to attend. </p>

<p>What might have helped was that senior year I really got serious and worked to pull my grades up, so there was an upcurve etc…</p>