Is it worth going to a UC school if I'm OOS?

I live in Ohio. I recently got accepted to UCD and UCI. Unfortunately, I got rejected from UCLA and am still waiting for the decision from Berkeley. Looking at the tuition as of right now… I’m not sure if it’s worth it. I’ve always wanted to go to one of the UC schools but I really don’t want to pile up a ton of loans. I’m majoring in Molecular Biology (or Biological Sciences). I intend to go to med school after undergrad. My first choice is Berkeley - if I get accepted, I will definitely go. If I stay in Ohio, I will be attending Case Western Reserve. What are your thoughts? Is it worth it to attend either UCD or UCI if I don’t get accepted to Berkeley?

Isn’t Case Western really expensive? Would it actually save money to go there? I thought you were going to say Ohio State!

@FarWestCoast it usually is but I received a bunch off from scholarships and other aids

I don’t think it’s worth it if you need to take a bunch of loans. I do think Irvine or La Jolla would be a more pleasant place to spend four years though. If you are considering coming to a UC, it is critical you visit before your SIR. The demographics are very different than Case Western.

What are the cost differences between Case Western and UCD or UCI? You also need to include transportation costs (air fare) from Ohio to California to get a good estimate.

I wouldn’t pay OOS for those schools but, I don’t know your family’s financial situation.