Is it worth updating FAFSA?

We need to submit it to one more school. Completed it back in October, but have paid a semester of college tuition for an older child in the meantime, which is a significant chunk. Is it worth updating it? Would that mean the corrected fafsa would go to all the other schools which already received it? Would that cause issues?

@333nj333 please read the response from @kelsmom

I’ve deleted the inaccurate information from this post.

I’m not sure what you are asking. If you are asking if you can change the amount of your assets because they are now smaller because of a tuition payment….the answer is NO.

Your assets are on the FAFSA as of the date if the initial filing to schools…so you can’t change assets.

Actually, no … assets are not to be changed in any subsequent transactions, even when sending to a new school. Assets are reported as of the day the initial FAFSA for that award year was filed. Changing assets may well trigger verification and/or institutional review.

@333nj333 do not change your assets! @kelsmom knows what she is talking about…she is correct…and I’m going to edit my post.

Please respond so I know you have seen the correct information!

thank you all! I appreciate it (and am somewhat relieved not to have to do the whole thing again lol)

2 Likes