Is Journalism a difficult major??

<p>I don't have any experience in writing short stories for newspapers or anything like that, but recently it's become an interest of mine. I'm at my community college right now and I was focusing on music, but things aren't really working out. So now, I'm thinking about minoring music or just getting involved with music on campus at wherever I transfer to. I was wondering is it difficult to major in Journalism, and then on top of that, double major in something else? I was originally thinking zoology and journalism, but that might be a lot with writing papers and physics and chemistry. So then I was thinking a major in journalism with a minor in zoology. I don't know. What do you think?</p>

<p>Before directly choosing a major, you should get more background information. Try participating in your school’s newspaper by submitting a story.</p>

<p>Are you willing to be connected and stay on top when it comes to making appointments and interviewing others? Have you used a program like Adobe InDesign (or a quick learner of technology?)?</p>

<p>The main question you could ask yourself is:
Which part of journalism do you want to focus on?
Even if you do pick a focus though, journalism graduates should be expected to roughly know how and do decently well in any of its various concentrations.</p>

<p>But actual background or any experience at all in the field would drastically help when choosing a major. At least say why you want to major in journalism, or why it interests you/matches you.</p>