Is Krannert really ranked this high? 21st in the nation?

<p>Hi, I was accepted into Purdue a while back as a Poli sci major. But oh my, I am most definitely astounded at the so called ratings of the business school at Purdue.</p>

<p>Krannert</a> School of Management - Rankings</p>

<p>According to this site, Purdue's undergraduate program for business overall is TWENTY-FIRST IN THE NATION :O. </p>

<p>My goal actually is looking into corporate law right, so doing a business major may actually help me in that sense.</p>

<p>I already contacted and advisor at Krannert via e-mail, and he stated that switching from liberal arts to the business program should not be a problem. In fact, if I work something out with admissions, I can get my major switched before I start school.</p>

<p>But is this really legit? Is Krannert really this good at Purdue? Considering Purdue's overall ranking of 61, does it really rank this high in business? I know that it's amazing in engineering and pharmacy, but I was not aware of the strong business program before.</p>

<p>Purdue has a good/decent business school imo but since it’s more of an Engineering school it doesn’t get as much attention. Indiana also has other colleges with better business programs such Kelley @ IU and Mendoza @ Notre Dame. Could be the reasons why Purdue is overlooked…</p>

<p>Yes, I believe Purdue got ranked 1st for its MBA program by companies in the Midwest. But basically, Krannert is definitely good and like Jim said, it’s probably overlooked due to a combination of other top business schools and Purdue’s reputation for engineering/pharmacy.</p>