Is Loyola a good fit for me?

<p>I have a 4.2 GPA out of a 5.0 scale (weighted)
- I have a 29 on my ACT score
- I'm REALLY involved in my school. I'm part of 8 clubs, not including Track and Field (JV... not a good runner.. regardless)
I'm also on two executive boards, one the National Honor Society
- I'm going to study science... most likely Biology, and go pre-med
- I'm the type of person who studies hard. I do my work, BUT I do like to relax/have fun/go out with friends after I'm done with a hard week. I don't plan on going crazy in college because I'm not into the whole crazy party scene. I know people say that all the time, but I'm not the kind of person to party hard. I'd rather go to a party for a little, then hang out with my close friends after and chill with them.
- I hate being competitive. I do better when other people don't ask me what my ACT, test score, lap-time, etc. are. I don't like that attitude towards life. However, a little competition wouldn't hurt. I know all schools are competitive, but I need a school that doesn't shove competition down my throat.
- I am not preppy and don't care about what brands people are wearing or where their from. I don't want to look beautiful all the time. Some people are obsessed with being perfect: perfect body, perfect image, perfect boyfriend/girlfriend, etc. I don't care. I dont want to be around other people like that. I want to be myself and I want to surround myself with people who are confident in who they are. I do care about image in terms of being respectable though. Again, I know that no matter where I go, there are going to be people like that everywhere, but if there's a school that has a little less of that, I would go there for sure.</p>

<p>so that being said... is Loyola a good fit for me?</p>

I think that Loyola will be a great fit for you. I came into the school as a Biology major but switched (you will find that about half of the student body comes in with bio then changes their mind by sophomore year). I would say that biology is one of the more competitive majors compared to the others. Honestly biology doesn’t give the school justice. Other majors better represent the creativity and spirit of the school. I advise you to take as many non science classes that you can first semester to meet more people and get a better feel of the university. You will fit in well. If there’s anything that I have learned from college it is that as long as you are a good person that holds some sort of social skill you can fit in anywhere. Everyone freshman year is in the same situation as you and is more than willing to be your friend and be nice. Most people either dress very preppy or more urban. I do have to say that there are major brand whores here.With that said no one will judge you based on what you wear just have confidence.