Is Loyola worth the money?

Hi! I’m a high school senior and prospective Loyola student, and as I’m sure is the case for everyone making college decisions right now, finances are a huge factor for me.
I’m very grateful to Loyola for offering me scholarships totaling up to about $20k a year, but there’s no denying the fact that regardless Loyola is a very expensive school. If I commit there my parents will apply for a parent plus loan, and hopefully that will help (if we get approved), and we have a little help from fafsa. Yet despite all this, I’m still really worried about the cost. Taking a lot of loans and debt is something that worries me a lot, and I really want to make sure I’m making a right choice before I do. I’ve already been to campus to ask a woman working at financial aid services about my situation, and she said there’s not much else they can do, which is understandable.
I live maybe an hour from campus already, in the suburbs, and have visited many times. I really love the campus vibe and think it’s just a gorgeous place. So far, all the people I’ve met there have been extremely kind to me. I would really love to commit there, but my worries about the cost are holding me back.
if anyone with experience at Loyola in any way could chip in, I would really appreciate it. I guess I would just like a second, honest opinion as to whether or not a Loyola education is worth the price tag. My intended major as of right now is environmental studies (I’m considering environmental science as well) so if anyone knows about the institute of environmental sustainability as well that would help a lot!
Thanks so much for reading this :slight_smile:

@hayzelgrace - Congrats on your scholarship offer. You don’t say what are your other options. Do you have better offers elsewhere that would require fewer loans? Taking loans is always a risk, but if you can get a good education – doing well in classes, taking advantage of career connections through internships, getting involved in activities linked to your aspirations – your money will be well spent. Be sure you plus up your environmental studies major with other marketable skills – a language, a business minor, or something in that spirit. Loyola seems to have a lot to offer in this regard. You want to graduate with a range of skills and knowledge. Good luck.