Is Microbiology program for undergraduate good?

<p>Hello.
My dream is to become molecular virologist. I am currently high school sophomore, and I searched colleges that offer good undergraduate microbiology program (major or master's degree). University of Wisconsin-Madison is known for highly programeed micorbiology course for undergraduate. Does it offer major or master's degree in microbiology? IS it good? Last question is that... Is it possible to transfer School for Ph.D. from Wisconsin-Madison??</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Yes, it’s very good and affiliated with one of the top PhD programs in the US but very selective. PhD transfers are rare. There also is a terminal Masters program. Check the UW website–all these answers and much more there.</p>

<p>Don’t worry about grad school options at this stage. UW-Madison would be an excellent choice for both the mocrobiology major and getting accepted into good grad school programs after getting an undergrad degree in it as well as most other fields. Therefore it is a good school to consider- even if you end up changing your proposed major along the way. So much information available on the UW website. Likewise for most colleges- spend your time researching college websites instead of asking for opinions.</p>