Is Post Office open today?

<p>Does anyone know if the campus post office is open today?</p>

<p>The campus post office counter was closed today, but there was mail service.</p>

<p>Thanks…yes UPS tried to deliver two packages that have now been returned back to the UPS warehouse…wherever that is. I need to figure out how to get them redelivered or find a way to retrieve them from the warehouse.</p>

<p>Re-delivery should happen automatically for UPS if Paty Hall was closed. If the packages were UPS, then the attempt to deliver would have been made to Paty Hall and not the post office. If a phone number for the student was included on the package, the UPS driver would likely have called for alternate delivery instructions; they will deliver to another residence such as a friends apartment, but then a signature would be required.</p>

<p>RTRMom2 likely uses street addressing for the PO Box so her student can receive UPS and FedEx packages at the Ferg Post Office. UPS realizes that UA and the Ferg post office were closed on Friday and will redeliver on Monday. I run into this problem a lot when a company ships something to me via FedEx Home Delivery, which delivers Tuesday-Saturday, and FedEx attempts Saturday delivery. While they could wait until Tuesday to attempt redelivery, they had the package over to FedEx Ground (the service for commercial addresses) and I get the package on Monday. Both companies will generally attempt delivery twice before returning a package to the sender.</p>

<p>If the tracking shows an attempted delivery in the early morning, usually before 8:00 AM, UPS/FedEx did not actually go out and attempt delivery as they already knew UA was closed. UPS has the package delivery contract for UA, so they definitely knew that UA was closed.*</p>

<p>*Similarly, USPS does not currently deliver mail to Campus Mail on Saturdays as UA does not employ Campus Mail employees that day. This will likely change once Campus Mail takes over the current USPS operations.</p>

<p>If I am sending a package UPS, I will only address it to Paty Hall. Why take the chance of going through all the nonsense with the post office? Personally, I can’t wait till the new mail service is instituted.</p>