Is "Pre-Med" an official title?

<p>Like the title says, I was wondering if the term “Pre-Med” is an actual title at UC schools. If so, was there an indication in the UC application that asked if one wished to be classified as a Pre-Med student? I don’t recall an indication like that and if there was, then I’m really afraid that I accidentally clicked “no” because when I received my acceptance call from UCSD and when I checked UCI’s myAdmission portal, neither the caller nor the portal mentioned anything about being accepted as a Pre-Med student while it did state the major I was accepted into.</p>

<p>Pre-med is not a major. It’s just a saying that you’re preparing for med school. There’s no program that you join.</p>

<p>Oh alright. Thank you for the reply! :)</p>

<p>Pre ‘this or that’ can give you priority registration for some of the necessary courses however. Then you have to get X gpa in specific departmental courses to declare the major. I am not sure how pre med specifically works, but that is how a lot of the competitive majors work.</p>

<p>^Actually, it doesn’t help you in any way in terms of class registration. You get your classes based on the number of units you’ve completed, not because you want to go to law school or something. You need a 3.0 to declare most LS majors. You don’t need a 3.0 in the actual major’s classes; at least at UCLA, you need to do well in the pre-recs that all LS majors take. Then some majors require a couple additional classes, like Psych 100A for psychobiology majors at UCLA, but it’s nothing too much. </p>

<p>Don’t stress too much. Good luck today!</p>