Is Purdue good for pre-med

<p>Hello all-
I was accepted to Purdue for engineering, but now I think I want to major in neurobiology and physiology and go to medical school. I know you can use engineering to get to medical school, but I've decided that I would rather do biology instead. I have been accepted to Fordham University, The University of Connecticut, Purdue University, and am still waiting to hear back from Marist College, Dickinson College, and The University of Michigan (<- will not get in there...). Anyways, from my list, do you think that Purdue would be a good choice for this? I know Fordham is mostly business, but I know some people who have gone there and done pre-med. Right now, I think it is between those two (Fordham and Purdue) as my all around favorite colleges. I really like Purdue for its traditional college experience and I kind of want to explore other parts of the country (I am from CT), but am I making a big mistake? Is it worth it to go all the way to IN for it? Is it mostly good for Management and Engineering and not much else? Will Purdue be good on my application for med school?
Thanks!</p>

<p>Purdue is very well known for a good education in the sciences. i am attending purdue next year for pre-med and i went to visit recently and i am happy with my decision. i talked to seniors who have gotten interviews at excellent med schools and were held to a high standard because of their purdue education. they said that overall the experience was great and that the advising was good. purdue is a very rigorous school that has a very good college of science. i would choose purdue if i were you. i think the only school on your list better than purdue is u of m.</p>

<p>I would add that Purdue’s investment in science research, new buildings and so on has exploded in the past 10 years. Obviously no medical school, but many joint venture/cooperative arrangements with the IU School of Medicine. You may want to contact the Health Professions advising office to get more information. [Office</a> of Health Professions Advising](<a href=“http://www.purdue.edu/prehealth/prospective_students/about_hpao.html]Office”>http://www.purdue.edu/prehealth/prospective_students/about_hpao.html)</p>