Is Purdue worth it for non-science or math based majors?

<p>Don't get me wrong, I am well aware of the school's prestige when it comes to engineering; however, there is no way I'd be majoring in it or any related fields. I'm more interested in a liberal arts-type major (but i DON'T want to attend a small liberal arts college). I visited the campus last year and I absolutely LOVED everything about it, so I still am having a hard time deciding whether to apply or not.</p>

<p>Purdue’s liberal arts program is pretty good. Even though they are really known as an engineering school, they are going up in almost every other program. If you love the school that much you should still apply for it. I was in the same position for a major that is well respected but the main reason for choosing Purdue over Cornell was the campus. You should contact the liberal arts school and ask if you can shadow a student so you can feel how it’s like for going to class. Good luck and hope to see you become a boilermaker. Boiler up!</p>

<p>Thanks for your reply! I think shadowing a Purdue student would be a great idea; I’ll definitely have to look into that if I take any college tours this coming winter break.</p>