Is SUNY Geneseo really as selective as it claims?

<p>From same site:</p>

<p>"On average Ann Arbor, MI is warmer than Ithaca, NY by 1°F.
The overall average low temperatures for Ithaca, NY and Ann Arbor, MI are the same. "</p>

<p>“Notre Dame, IN on average is warmer than Ithaca, NY by 2°F.
On average Ithaca, NY is cooler than Notre Dame, IN by 1°F.”</p>

<p>oops, that last post of mine went to the wrong thread, sorry.</p>

<p>I do love how this year’s acceptance letters explain that they had 10,000 applicants but only 925 spots to fill. The statistics make it sound ohsoselective. That is, until you realize that they have to admit at least three times the amount of spots.</p>

<p>Schwoot - The median SAT at Geneseo is something like 1320, which is higher than Binghamton and probably higher than 98% of state universities in the country (what’s higher, Michigan, Berkeley and UVA?). It doen’t matter what the admissions stats are, Geneseo is very selective.</p>

<p>Shwoot, most of the schools I’ve heard from used the same terminology- why wouldn’t any school say what sounds better?</p>

<p>trust me, this school is not at ALL competitive or “prestigious” as people claim it to be. i got accepted with a 2.7 gpa from highschool, minor extra curricular activities, and a haphazardly done essay. i got a 2180 on my SAT, and i think thats why i got in, but if one test can make up for my lack of effort in high school, then well, theres your answer. btw, if you get in, visit before you come cause you might end up hating it like i do</p>