Is super scoring better than score optional?

Would like to know if ACT superscoring better than not submitting scores atall;

How does admission office look at superscoring ?

100% super scoring is better than test optional. Super scoring is still your score and your work, it was just from different days. It’s not looked down upon

A college chooses:

• whether to be test required, optional, or blind
  • whether to super score (if not test blind)

Which is good for the applicant depends on how the applicant’s scores and super score compare to the applicant and admit pools of the specific college.

6 Likes

If a school superscores, then a score from superscoring is just a score. An AO will likely just see a number. A 1350 is a 1350.

The choice on submitting a score or going test optional depends on the score, the school, and how competitive the score is at that school.

Why would superscoring and sending a 1200 be better than test optional at a school with a 1400 25th percentile enrolled student SAT?

OP didn’t even give score context and I think they’re just asking the implications of superscoring vs test optional. I’ve seen people ask whether or not to superscore a 1450 vs go test optional because the superscore uses two administrations with scores in the 1300s that they’re not proud of.

I don’t think they’d even be asking about superscoring if the superscore didn’t fall in 25th