Is switching into an easier class bad?

<p>Hi, I was wondering what colleges would think of someone switching into on level Precalculus and taking Math Studies. </p>

<p>At my school, anyone in full IB taking Honors Precalc is required to take Math SL. I don't especially struggle with math - I got straight Bs this semester - but I switched into on level so I could take Studies next year. My math teacher said I would be bored in on level Precalc and do fine in Math SL... I agree with him about both but I'm worried that SL next year would tip me over the top of my stress scale. I think I'd spend too much effort on it that I'd rather spend on my other classes, especially next May. </p>

<p>So do you think most colleges would not be pleased seeing an honors B student switch second semester to on level? And then taking Math Studies? I have no intentions of studying math in university (I'd like to study art at RISD or the University of Edinburgh) but I feel like it would show some major laziness... </p>

<p>Thanks for any input!</p>

<p>Okay, so if you are truly focused on University of Edinburgh, you better take the stress and take Math SL. Other universities will realize that you are taking one of the most rigorous programs in the world. </p>

<p>If you wan’t to have an easy year, take Math Studies! It’s basically pre-calc. Haha it was the easiest math class ever for me! </p>

<p>Good luck!</p>