Is TCU Worth it?

I really like TCU–the campus, the education, and the aesthetic–but I’m not sure if the price tag is worth it. I’m applying to UT as well and I’m just wondering if it would be better, in the long run, to go to a cheaper school that has a better reputation rather than go to TCU and later apply to a graduate school that has a better reputation (maybe an ivy?). I’m currently deciding between either law school or business school for long-term plans.

The alumni network is very strong at TCU, so if you are planning on remaining in TX, it may be beneficial. Be sure and fill out the FAFSA and CSS profile as they do have very generous financial and merit aid available. I’m guessing the atmosphere is much different at TCU as well. My daughter goes there and loves the sense of community. Less than 50% Texans, so not a commuter or suitcase college feel.

Depends upon your finances & your other options.

TCU is pretty good about financial aid, especially with merit scholarships.

If you are in-state, I think UT is a better value, even if you get some moderate scholarship money or financial aid at TCU. If you are OOS, then there is a good chance that if you are smart enough to get into UT, that TCU will give you merit scholarships that bring the price below OOS tuition for UT. If the prices are comparable, then UT is still ranked higher by most services, but it should really come down to fit, as they are very different schools in terms of size and feel. Both have good business schools, and will set you up well for law school.