Is Texas A&M getting too big?

I recently matriculated for Texas A&M engineering, but was a little concerned on the growing size of the school. I knew what I was getting into when I applied, but I saw a report that by 2025 the engineering program alone will reach 25K people! For any current students , can you describe your experiences with the number of people of camus, and if it feels too crowded? Not really talking about classes, but more so on campus stuff such as dining halls and libraries. And if TAMU really does keep growing, how will the current campus be able to support the hordes of people coming in? Thanks in advance :smile:

Have you tried r/aggies on Reddit? Mostly engineer students.

I’ll give that a try, thanks!

The 25 By 25 is not exactly what you think. It is not a program mainly focused on increasing freshman enrollment on the College Station campus. The largest portion of goal is retention.

And the 25,000 is all campuses (Galveston, McAllen and Qatar) and an expansion of the online master’s program.

Here is a Q&A
https://engineering.tamu.edu/25by25/common-questions.html

My daughter is a senior at TAMU and loves it there, but yes it is getting to big. Twice she has signed up for classes, to have her schedule change a week or two before without notice. She had a T/TH class move to W/F at a totally different time, because they ran out of physical classrooms. This has happened to many of the students the past couple of years.