Is Texas A&M Math Placement Exam a multiple choice test?

<p>Are there 4-5 options to choose for right answer in each question as in standard tests or you have to write full answer on yourself? I have not taken this exam yet so I want to make clear the way of doing tasks in it. I looking forward to get answers from you! Thank you!</p>

<p>Yes, it is multiple choice and timed ( 90 min). You take it on your own - without a calculator. You can retake it up to 3 times with 30 days between each test prior to your NSC. It is harder than most people think it will be, MANY people end up having to retake with the stunned outcome although they have done well on SAT/ACT/ AP exams etc. mostly because they do not review prior to taking it. Google it online & you will find practice tests that will hopefully save you from taking it multiple times. It didn’t use to be binding - just a suggested guide for course selection- that isn’t the case anymore. Good luck!</p>

<p>Thanks for your reply! I understand but why do not use calculator? If this test can be done on your own (at home), so how can you forbid using calculator and other materials from the internet/books for yourself while taking the exam? :smiley:
I think if there is no monitoring, you can use whatever you want…</p>

<p>Does the school notify you when and where to take this test?</p>

<p>Can’t remember exactly, but I believe it is part of your acceptance package when you actually accept your offer of admission. You take the test on your own schedule in your own home on your computer.It is part of your to do list prior to going to your NSC. It is only a placement test & doesn’t count for anything else, your score just needs to be within range of the course you want to enroll in depending on your past HS courses. Lots of students here accept their offers early, so they get their info. sooner.</p>

<p>NM, it is a diagnostic test, the point is to help you decide if you are ready to take Calc I or not. So, if you use a calculator don’t expect it to accurately predict your performance on Calc I.</p>

<p>Exactly…You don’t help yourself by using a calculator. Plus…there is an honor code at TAMU. Do you really want to start off your college math track based on a lie?</p>

<p>Thank you for reply! I understand what you mean. This test is created to check abilities of a student, not calculator’s or internet’s skills. I will not use anything from this items. It is better to find out my real knowledge. Thank you once again!</p>

<p>Excellent, OP! Good luck!</p>

<p>Are there any sample tests to prepare for this exam? I found one single sample test that TAMU provided. I think that is not enough for the review.
I googled for it but found nothing.
Does anyone know any sites with pre-calculus tests?</p>

<p>OP, you can take the test THREE times with 30 days between each attempt - when you take it, if you don’t pass the first time, it will tell you exactly which ones you got wrong, and thus, what you need to work on.</p>

<p>Also, if you go to this site:
<a href=“https://mathplacement.tamu.edu/precal-cas/[/url]”>https://mathplacement.tamu.edu/precal-cas/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Not only is there a practice test and solutions, but there are other resources. One of them is a complete college algebra/pre-calculus online text, which I am sure will have review/tests in the book, and possibly solutions/answers in the back.</p>

<p>And there’s a college algebra tutorials link too.</p>

<p>Go through those links if it makes you feel better. But if you took pre-calculus and/or AP Calculus in high school and did well, you could consider taking the practice test, and then taking the test and just see where you are.</p>

<p>D3 took AP Calculus AB in high school and made an A- in the class and a 4 on the AP exam. She took the placement test without any practice and slightly missed the mark. To be fair to her, her computer timed out and it caused her a big problem. But she reviewed the things she missed, took the practice test and studied it, went back and took the test and passed it with flying colors.</p>