Is the Computer Science program at Purdue really that bad?

<p>I don't mean rankings wise, I think its in the top 20, so it seems to have a good reputation. However, I've been doing a little research and a bunch of current and former computer science students at Purdue have been saying all sorts of bad things about the program. Stuff like the classes are too large, the professors don't really care about the students, and that internships and job opportunities after college are very limited. Are these exaggerations or should I just look at other schools?</p>

<p>Heres a little extra info: I'm a high school senior and I originally wanted to go for engineering. After deciding that I didn't like physics that much, I started doing some online classes on programming and it turns out I really like programming. However, I don't know anything that advanced and I didn't take any computer science courses like AP Comp Sci. With this kind of background, is Purdue the place for me?</p>

<p><a href=“Purdue CCO”>Purdue CCO;

<p>@HappyGuy7 Purdue’s computer science program is better than most public schools’ programs. But, it’s not top tier good. Examples of public schools with better CS programs are UIUC, Michigan, UC Berkeley, etc.</p>

<p>It’s not a no-name program. But, it’s also not very widely renowned. It is, without a doubt, the best CS school in Indiana though. </p>

they all say that because its soo hard to pass! theres like a 47% 4 year grad rate. the limited people who pass everything really are A-grade nerds who never leave their dorms, but they usually end up with amazing high paying jobs somewhat like uiuc students at best.

its really just too rigorous and you may just end up passing if you were a top student in school