Is the Honors College worth it?

Is it a big commitment and do grad schools and employers pay attention to it? What are the best pros/worst cons?

It is not a big commitment. Biggest pro: early signup for classes. Cons: I don’t think any are valid.

It’s not a big commitment at all. And with the benefits of Priority Registration, it’s worth it.

Only you can determine if it’s worth it to you. The answer will be different forever one. However I don’t believe employers care

Yes it is worth it for a variety of reasons including priority registration, honors housing & some smaller classes with motivated students.

My daughter would tell you that the Priority Registration is the biggest benefit! She also appreciates the smaller class size and, in her opinion, better professors. This may be because with the smaller class size, there is more opportunity for discussion and personal interaction between student and professors. All of her letters of recommendation for internships were written by professors from honors courses that she has taken.