Is the wine/viticulture program competitive to get into?

I am a transfer student and I am curious if it’s an impacted major or is it fairly easy to get accepted? I’m very passionate about winemaking and would love to transfer to SLO

Same answer from your other thread which I happened to move to this forum:

All majors at SLO are impacted . Based on last years projections, they targeted 5 transfer spots for 53 applicants. If you consider they may accept 3X as many applicants than spors available, you get a 28% acceptance rate. This is assuming a 33% yield. It may be lower or higher since SLO does not publish yields by major.

https://content-calpoly-edu.s3.amazonaws.com/ir/1/images/2018-2019 Enrollment Targets and Projections.pdf

Thank you! Seems like they don’t plan on taking a lot of people into the program ?

@PoodyTL - not an expert here but I think it is likely very tough to get into. It’s a major that’s available at few schools, many people are passionate about making wine and California is one of the best states for studying vinaculture. I only know of the programs at Davis and SLO and since both are in wine-growing regions and have good reps for their academics / science they are both going to be schools targeted by those passionate winemakers. So contact the school for more information but definitely expect there to be tough competition for admission.