Is there a better time to apply? now or wait?

<p>I was planning on sending my app in this week but after reading some of the posts I began to wonder if it would be better to wait....that perhaps, the earlier applications are more competitive. Any thoughts? Does it make a difference?</p>

<p>OOS Male from Maine
GPA 3.63 W
sat 660 Reading 670 Math 660 writing
act 28</p>

<p>National Honor Society
National History Day Contest
Prudential Spirit of Community Awards:
Rotary Youth Leadership Award</p>

<p>Mother got BS and PhD there</p>

<p>Currently taking four AP courses</p>

<p>Youth Symphony
District Honors Band all years of HS
Musical Theater
Jazz Band
Habitat for Humanity Locally and New Orleans (2x)
Service trip to Dominican Republic
Most hours of anyone for Key Club: Leadership position
Spanish Club
Freshman Mentor
Biking CLub</p>

<p>It's rolling admissions - apply as soon as you are able.</p>

<p>As above- apply now.</p>

<p>Personally? I think that yes, it does make a difference. I think it's harder for one to receive a direct yes if you're not a stellar, super clear admit when you apply really early. If you think about it logically, they want to admit the best applicants. If they think you might be good here, but there's probably a good amount of people that are better than you out there, and there's still four months left to find them, why guarantee you admission, which could take away a spot from one of those amazing applicants? They don't, and that's partly why people are postponed.</p>

<p>That being said, I think right now is a fine time to apply. I don't think this counts as submitting your application early anymore, just like it's not submitting it late. So yes, I suggest that you send it in right now as well. This is when I planned on submitting mine last year, except I ended up waiting until January to send it in. You don't want to do that. :P I think it's also a good idea to do it now because of that as well. You don't want to keep saying "Next week I'll send it in" and that "next week" becomes two months.</p>

<p>So get it in if you think it's the best it can be, and good luck! =]</p>

<p>If you are a borderline applicant, you'll get postponed. You won't be more likely to get rejected by applying early unless you need time to bring up your grades.</p>

<p>P- you mean you're another student whose parents insisted they apply to UW just in case, and finally did it?</p>

<p>
[quote]
It's rolling admissions - apply as soon as you are able.

[/quote]

Is this true? It doesn't specifically say this on the website:</p>

<p>To receive a decision during the First Notification Period, you must complete the application and submit all required materials by the postmark deadline of November 15. Admission decisions for these students will be made on or by January 15, and decision letters will be mailed immediately thereafter.</p>

<p>All students who complete their applications during the Second Notification Period (after November 15 but before the February 1 application deadline) will have decisions made on or by March 15, with decision letters being mailed immediately thereafter.</p>

<p>It is still rolling admissions but this year you are told you will know by, ie on or before, Jan 15 if you get your completedapp in by Nov 15- otherwise you may have had to wait until spring. Notice that some students are posting their acceptances by now.</p>

<p>Assuming you're talking to me wis75, I just have to ask: How are earth do you get that out of what I said? Really. I'm dreadfully curious.</p>

<p>But no. UW has always been my top choice. That's why I said don't wait until the last minute to do it.</p>