Is there a party scene at Belmont?

That’s the question I need answered. My kid loves the idea of being in Nashville and loves the program/curriculum, but not the idea of being on a dry campus in a Christian University, with no “party scene.” I can’t blame him. Partying (in my experience) is part of college life. I just don’t want it to be an extreme: too much or nonexistent.

Most schools are not shy to talk about their party scenes. But I haven’t seen a word about Belmont. And that may turn out to be the deciding factor for him.

Any with Belmont experience on this forum? I’d love to hear the reality … whatever it may be.

I only know one person who went to Belmont and she has been out for about 5 years, so I cannot provide firsthand information. While I am not generally a fan of Niche, there are student comments on this topic. Of course, they are very few in number relative to the student body so potentially misleading, but pretty consistently describe a party scene that is music for friends. It looks like Vanderbilt and Nashville provide the “fun” that is prohibited at Belmont.

There is Greek life – you might see if you can find someone involved in that to see if they have a different perspective.

2 Likes

Yes, kids party and it’s adjacent to Vandy. Many in my town go - for music - not for Christian stuff.

2 Likes

Tell him to read the Handbook for Residential Life. Restrictive rules about visitors and guests. Even other Belmont students are not allowed in your dorm room after 11 PM if they are of the opposite sex. Not a normal college dorm experience.

2 Likes

I got my MBA (Music Biz track) at Belmont about 20 years ago, and I didn’t hang out with undergrads, so I can’t really inform you about the campus party scene. Even if I had hung out with undergrads, it’s possible that things have changed.

However, I can unequivocally say that given the school’s location, nearby club/bar opportunities abound. There are other cool things to do – Ryman, TPAC, Opry/Opry Mills, Parthenon/Centennial Park, Predators, Titans, and now a soccer club.

Also, Vanderbilt is within walking distance of Belmont, so that could open things up a bit if the Belmont scene is lacking.

3 Likes

Thank you to all who replied. Much appreciated.

1 Like