Is there a shuttle bus from the airport?

<p>Is there a shuttle bus or some other easy way to get from Madison's airport to the UW campus, assuming the student does not have a car?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Assume no students have cars. I checked the airport via the UW website and only see city bus, taxi and hotel shuttles as ways to get anywhere. Students will have free city bus passes. A check of my old- '06- SOAR booklet lists taxi and airport limo. There is a bus (Van Galder) making a 3 hour trip from Chicago O'Hare to campus, also- not sure if it only runs on heavy travel days, though- I happened to be driving past the Union after dropping son off after spring break last year when it had arrived. I saw the latest version of the Orientation guide with tons of information on the UW SOAR website, worth reading- but also worth it for parents to attend SOAR.</p>

<p>My daughter had to take a flight last Friday. She also has the free UW student bus pass and it would have taken her approx. 45-50 mins with a transfer at I think the North Transfer Point? As it was, she met another girl also leaving Friday morning around the same time and they split a cab... $18.00 for the 2 of them so $9.00 a piece. Not too hefty a price and they were picked up right in front of their dorm!</p>

<p>Thanks for the info! Sounds like a cab is well worth it.</p>

<p>Definitely a cab. Bus to the airport doesn't really work.</p>

<p>Badger Cab is a bit cheaper but you might get a few detours.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.badgercab.com/RateResult.asp%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.badgercab.com/RateResult.asp&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>I prefer Madison cab, 608-258-7456. However, if you are arriving at the airport looking for a cab, just take whoever is there. It's really a fairly short ride to campus and downtown. Cabs are located at the ground level past the luggage carousels. Depending on the time of day you may have to wait for a cab to show up. Remember Madison is a small city with a small airport.</p>

<p>It's still bigger than any other Wis city outside Milwaukee... </p>

<p>Time, costs, safety- all not a problem.</p>