Is there a way to request enrollment or housing deposit waivers?

<p>My dh teaches at a local high school and has a student who has been accepted at UA, but does not believe his family will be able to afford to pre-pay deposits. Apparently he’s gotten a Pres. scholarship +Stem like my daughter and is anticipating receiving enough pell and loans to pay her expenses. He indicates her parents anticipate their EFC as being $0. He did not get SAT waivers or app. fee waivers through the CB though which my dh thought was kind of unusual. I’m unsure as to whether the family didn’t apply for such waviers or didn’t qualify. Advice on who this student could contact? The student has not visited campus yet either due to $ constraints, but indicates it as his top choice.</p>

<p>Email Alicia Browne, Director of Housing Administration at <a href=“mailto:abrowne@sa.ua.edu”>abrowne@sa.ua.edu</a>, she has the prerogative to waive housing deposits.
Have the parents explain their situation and make sure to state that the son is a Presidential scholarship recipient and STEM as soon as possible.
If she can’t do it, she will direct you to the correct person.
They will be amazed how this will be taken care of…ROLL TIDE</p>

<p>^^
Thank you! I will pass that along.</p>

<p>Those who qualify for Pell or I think “free/reduced lunch” can get deposits waived. Contact the school and ask.</p>