Is there something wrong with Roosevelt/CCPA?

<p>The season is : The Visit by Durrenmatt , Cloud 9 by Caryl Churchill , Ripper (a musical) by Duane Nelson, Amadeus by Peter Shaffer, The Suicide by Nicolai Erdman, and Thoroughly Modern Millie.</p>

<p>As far as Shakespeare plays go, we most often do atleast one per season. I’m not sure why that is different next year, but I’m sure it’s a rarity. This past year we did The Tempest, the year before we did The Complete Works… Abridged and the year before that we did Pericles.</p>

<p>Do freshmen audition for second semester shows?</p>

<p>Hi no, there are freshman showcases in both MT and acting in both terms. Sophomore year, which is apparently the most demanding, students enter the general casting pool. Everyone is guaranteed to be cast in something every term.</p>

<p>Also my son said the students have a great deal of input into the upcoming season and this year’s sophomore class is, apparently, not that into Shakespeare.</p>

<p>My visit was largely positive and I may write about it in more detail when I get back to a regular sized keyboard.</p>

hi i’m another prospective student and I’m looking over the CCPA application and notice it doesn’t have a segment for an essay. So do we not have to write essays when applying to Roosevelt CCPA?

Did you get an answer to your question? When my D applied in 2012, there WAS an essay, so look carefully. Or you could call the admissions office and ask them…

Sorry so much time went past without an answer. Us oldtimers don’t use the specific school threads so much any more since they took away the notification for new posts.

And BTW if you have any CCPA questions you can PM me and I will check back here periodically.

Hi! I wonder if you can answer a question for me?
I was looking on Roosevelt’s website and I see that the Musical Theatre Director Luis Perez is no longer at the university. I couldn’t find who replaced him. It looks like Perez left in the last two years. Do you know who is the current MT director?

@austinmtmom, do you know? I think Scott Calcagno is interim head. Louis just left last year.

Luis, sorry.

They haven’t hired a permanent MT department director yet, not sure if Scott is considered the interim head or not.

They haven’t hired a permanent MT d yet, not sure if Scott is considered the interim head or not…

Thanks, D was accepted and we are excited about the possibility of a Chicago school!