Is there such thing as a good tablet?

<p>ok sorry to bring up the topic lol, but if I were to get a tablet what would be the best one??</p>

<p>I have the Lenovo X220T (university approved and all that jazz).</p>

<p>I think it’s pretty good.</p>

<p>What ever you do, DO NOT BUY Fujitsu (aka, Fu****su)</p>

<p>I bought my daughter the Lenovo too - she loves it.</p>

<p>Lenovos are the best one. The problem isn’t that they aren’t good (well, the Fu****sus aren’t) but just that they’re overpriced for a function that isn’t ever actually necessary, except that they arbitrarily make you use it on certain assignments.</p>

<p>chuy hit it on the mark. Lenovos aren’t bad, other than the awkward touchpad (IMO). But it’s simply not worth it for the price. You can get really nice laptops for <$1000 that will likely exceed the system specifications for the tablets. Of course, this could change with Windows 8, but at the moment, just stick to the USB tablet.</p>

<p>the lenovo x220t is one of the best tablets on the market just look at some of the reviews: ([Lenovo</a> ThinkPad X220 Tablet Review & Rating | PCMag.com](<a href=“http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2392452,00.asp]Lenovo”>Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Tablet | PCMag)) and the x220t is only about $300 more than the x220 which got 4/5 stars from cnet ([Lenovo</a> ThinkPad X220 Review - Watch CNET’s Video & Read Our Review](<a href=“Lenovo ThinkPad X220 review: Lenovo ThinkPad X220 - CNET)…I%5DLenovo”>Lenovo ThinkPad X220 review: Lenovo ThinkPad X220 - CNET)…I) know i sound like a lenovo salesperson but people like to ***** about this computer for being too expensive when it is actually a very good value… for 1600 you get a i7 processor, 8gb ram, solid build quality, 12.5 inch screen, 4+ hour battery life and free tech support/loaner…it is absolutely 100% worth the price for what you get</p>

<p>Look up laptops on newegg.com. You can find laptops with specifications that are similar to, if not better than, the Lenovo tablets, while saving yourself about $500 or so. You won’t be eligible for the free tech support, but you probably won’t need it.</p>

<p>^not really, the cheapest <13" i7 from that site is 1400</p>

<p>If you want to save yourself money, you can probably buy a really nice laptop for way cheaper than the tablet, then buy an external tablet to do your homework on for about $100. I’ve been told that the tablets are really only for freshmen classes, and so if you get an external tablet you can really get whatever computer you like.</p>

<p>VT is really hard selling the tablet this year. They specifically state that the bamboo pen approach is unacceptable. At the VT open house the student rep for the computer requirements booth was talking about how the professors dislike the bamboo because it doesn’t write as neatly as the pen on the tablet or the slate. But, when pressed for details it seemed you would have issues in the materials science classes that she takes. The VT student from CS came running over and said {bunk}! So it seems like it could be a big deal in some classes and not in others.</p>

<p>alright guess I will be ok with the lenovo… I’m not all that into computers so I’m sure this one will get the job done just fine…I hope</p>