Is this OK for the statements on the application?

<p>Hi all,</p>

<p>I am applying to UW, and in order to apply, I must write two personal statements. I already wrote an essay that I really like for the common app about my experience in Paraguay, and I think that it shows a lot about me--that I can adjust to a new culture, that I can speak Spanish, and that I am willing to take risks. However, it focuses on one specific event and the lesson that I learned from it, and I am not sure if this is what UW wants. If someone would mind reading my statement, or at least telling me if this should be fine for the statement, it would be truly appreciated.</p>

<p>Thanks,
J</p>

<p>Not willing to read it. Read the tips on your statements in the UW admissions info. If you think it meets their criteria and length specs go ahead and use it. If not, edit for length and include the points you made in this post- tell them directly why your experience…</p>

<p>See earlier advice:</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-wisconsin-madison/994823-essay-question.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-wisconsin-madison/994823-essay-question.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I think that re-using a Common Application essay may be too obvious and not really answer the question of how you will enrich the UW-Madison community. You can incorporate your experience into the new essay you will write for UW-Madison.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone. I think I’m already stressed out from school work and other college applications and am not looking to add more work to my plate, but I will write this essay to the best of my abilities.</p>

<p>It may be cliche, but I’d just like to recommend you take a step back, take some deep breaths, and truly try to enjoy the experience you are currently privileged to be a part of, WiscoKid. </p>

<p>I’m in my last year at UW, and while you may sometimes feel overwhelmed, let me tell you, there are days I long to go back to the (honestly minor) “stresses” of high school, and that incredible senior year where you truly feel life’s expansive journeys are bountifully pouring out before you.</p>

<p>To all the high school seniors on this forum. Enjoy your last year, and look forward to your future wherever it may be. Most importantly, savor every moment.</p>