Is This Schedule Tough Enough? Urgent!!

<p>Okay right now I currently have this schedule:</p>

<p>HL Spanish 3
AP Calculus
AP English
AP US History
Journalism
HL Chemistry</p>

<p>Basically I have too much homework and I don't think the classes are worth it. </p>

<p>So is this schedule tough enough:</p>

<p>HL Spanish 3
AP Calculus
AP English
CP Chemistry
Journalism
CP US History</p>

<p>I just want to drop US, but to do so I have to drop chem down to college prep aswell.</p>

<p>Miami is my first choice and I want to apply EA and I'm a junior by the way.</p>

<p>SoCal18, chill out. The key is NOT your schedule believe it or not. The key is geting a strong GPA and good SATs. Get your GPA around 3.6+(unweighted) and SATs at 1250-1300+ (math and CR) ,and you're in. If your GPA or SATs don't match these but are close, you may still get admitted if you apply ED.</p>

<p>I agree with TaxGuy. Your 2nd schedule looks plenty hard enough to impress. The key however with Miami is to apply with the highest possible GPA (your three AP courses will help your weighted average IF (a big IF) you get all A's in them to help your overall GPA. And REALLY concentrate on getting the highest possible SAT scores you can get. What should be a clue for you is looking at the requirments for Miami's scholarships, they are described in terms of class position and SAT score level. That tells you what you should concentrate on. Get your GPA up to improve your class rank and take the SAT at 2 or three times to try to get the best possible score combo you can get. Get one of the SAT Prep books from a bookstore and read it thoroughly to garner the tips and strategies on getting better scores. I know my S took the SAT 3 times (once in the spring of his Junior year as a "Practice" taking of it to get used to it, then in the May sit down and finally the October test in his senior year) and raised his Math score from 710 the 1st time to 730 the 2nd time to 790 the final time he took the test. he ended up with like a 1500 overall and he used the book he got from the bookstore to give his strategies.</p>