Is this true?

<p>Someone at my school informed me that they had to switch cell phone providers when they decided to attend Wisconsin-Madison because Verizon did not support their phone on campus. Is this true? Is there no Verizon coverage? I visited there a couple of months ago, but ironically I never used my cell phone.</p>

<p>I really don't know about Verizon but what I can say is that T-Mobile does not operate there. When I visited last week, my cell still worked but it was under Einstein PCS instead of T-Mobile but everything is the same pretty much.</p>

<p>Cricket is there now, they are a good alternative. I'm thinking of getting Boost Mobile's Unlimited. It's only $50 a months and includes Unlimited everything and has a nationwide network. So many choices...</p>

<p>I have Verizon, and the one place I don't get service is in my dorm room. Well, I do but the signal is so weak that calls are dropped like nothing other unless I sit right by the window. I just updated my roaming capabilities, so now I get better service in my room, but it's through another carrier's tower.</p>

<p>Everywhere else I get service, and typically great service. It's weird because a floor up and like, three rooms over the service is fine, but in my room it sucks, and that's really the only place it sucks. So yeah, it's fine generally, it just is awful in my dorm room for some reason...</p>

<p>I have verizon and it works fine everywhere</p>

<p>Son has had Verizon 3 years at UW. We had trouble with Liz- hill, brick walls, down deep- but he didn't freshman year. Do update your roaming capabilities periodically. I also have trouble, my phone especially in our brick, cul de sac deep in hills house-son didn't seem to with his same model phone.</p>

<p>A lot of people in my dorm were having trouble with USCellular at the beginning of the semester which was really weird since they said they were fine during fall semester. I haven't really asked recently, but I think they're still having problems.</p>

<p>How is AT&T at Madison?</p>