Is this UC worthy? Probably not. I'm a Junior with 3.4 GPA

I am a junior in high school in California right now and I was wondering what type of colleges I could go into with these grades. I got a 4.1 GPA Freshman year, but obviously it doesn’t count for colleges.

Sophomore 1st semester and 2nd semester grades (1st semester, 2nd semester):
Band: A, A
World History: B, A
Honors Algebra 2: B, B
Chemistry: B, C
English: B, B
Spanish 2: B, B

Junior Current Grades (halfway through first semester) :
AP US History: B
Trig/Precalculus: A
Physics: B
English: B
Spanish: B

Extra Curriculars:
Varsity soccer starter for 2 years (3 years when I become senior)
Club soccer
Leadership program outside of school but recognized by my school
100 hours of community service

Is this good enough for any UC or good CSUs? I plan on staying in California and I’m planning on going undecided for my major.

Some UC admit rates based on capped weighted GPA and not major specific. Other than UC Merced, I would concentrate on the Cal States but you still have till end of Junior year to bump up that GPA.

Freshman admit 2017
Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.00-3.39

UCB: 1.1%
UCLA: 0.9%
UCSD: 0.9%
UCSB: 1.4%
UCI: 3.1%
UCD: 4.1%
UCSC: 14.3%
UCR: 22.9%
UCM: 56.7%

Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.40-3.79:

UCB: 1.8%
UCLA: 2.2%
UCSD: 7.2%
UCSB: 10.1%
UCI: 11.1%
UCD: 16.6%
UCSC: 43.8%
UCR: 63.3%
UCM: 88.7%

i would encourage you to re-frame this puzzle in your mind. This isn’t about being ‘worthy’ of anything - as though some great honor or insight is bestowed upon you at a UC that you can’t get elsewhere… This is more about figuring out where you will fit. There are more successful Californians who didn’t attend a UC than those that did. I will let you in on a little secret… many of the UC students i talk to are stressed out and aren’t enjoying their college experience. Even for the brightest among them, it is hard work keeping up in class (especially on quarters) and in many majors it is very competitive. The freshmen lectures at most of them are huge and the environment isn’t supportive. Perhaps an OK environment for a high stat kid who is really organized and really driven - but, that describes a small sliver of the 18 year olds I’ve met. I don’t know you at all but, my guess is, you could handle the work someplace like UCLA but you would hate it.

With a 3.4 and 1250, all but a couple of CSUs (SDSU, CPSLO) would be happy to have you as an undeclared major. You’d probably be on the bubble for CSULB. Depending on what you are looking for in your college experience, i’d find some time to tour Sonoma, CPP, Chico, Fullerton, Northridge, San Marcos, SJ, SF and Sac and see which among them feels like home.

In addition, you’d be able to apply to WUE schools such as UWyoming, Montana State, UMontana, NAU…