Is transferring possible at with senior standing in college?

I’m currently attending one of the UCs and still pretty much hate it. But because of my undecisiveness I dragged the problem with me this far - I’m now a 3rd year with senior standing. I would like to transfer to another UC closer to home. But I know that almost all UCs have a unit cap in which if exceeded, they do not accept the student and I probably exceeded that. But I’m not entirely sure about this. Financial aid would be another problem. I’m assuming I would be elligible for maybe 1 more year of financial aid.

But is there a way to drop out of the UC I’m attending now and redo the equivalent courses in a comm college I would like to boost grade in (the prerequisites for the UC I want to transfer to) and apply as an incoming junior to new UC? This would be like ignoring almost all the courses I took in the UC I’m in now but I’m not sure if that’s possible.

Was there any case at all in which a student who finshed 3rd year of undergrad in one UC transfer as an incoming junior in another UC (not just straight UC-UC transfer but Comm college - UC transfers as well)?
My goal is not to transfer straight from UC to UC but I’m willing to spend some time in comm college before transferring.

And please don’t ask which UC I’m currently in and which UC I want to transfer to as well as the reason why I hate my current school. It’s all very personal and I want to keep it confidential.

Any kind of advice would be much appreciated for this kind of case is quite rare and hard to get suggestions on.

We at least have to know which one you want to transfer to as different UCs have different requirement on transfers. You are pretty much asking that I want to get into an university but I won’t tell you their policies on transfers or anything relevant for that matter.

Wouldn’t it be quicker to just graduate from the current school?

^ At this point I’m guessing it would be. Honestly, unless the environment is just that terrible for you, I would just take the last year to finish at this point. It would probably save money too.