Is Triple-Majoring a Bad Idea?

I have heard answers all across the board about triple majoring, but probably more erring on the side of negative. I am planning to major in Business Management, but I would really like to additionally major in Spanish and International Business. I have looked into The suggested course list for both Management and International Business, and there is a great deal of overlap. Also, the study abroad requirements for International Business allow you to study both management and a foreign language. Additionally I will be starting college with around 30 credits of some ACE credits already completed. Triple majoring sounds like a lot but I feel like in this circumstance it would be fairly manageable with the subjects I’ve chosen. I don’t want to set myself up for failure though by spreading myself too thin. Thoughts?

Will you have completed AP Spanish in HS?

Why not start Bus Mgt semester 1 and the next Spanish level class you are ready for and then see if you could handle the load of Intl Bus on top of that during semester 2.

The best person to advise you is at your college. They will know the most abut which classes overlap and if your idea is realistic.

You often cannot use a course for both a major requirement and a minor requirement (or sometimes even a core requirement), even if the course has course numbers for 2 (or more) departments. My daughter was a history major and many of the classes worked for other departments too, but she had to choose. For example, if she took a history of religion course, HIS 3005, it may also be listed as Religious studies RS 3005, but if she used it toward her major, she couldn’t use it for the minor (or a second major).

So taking one class may not get you credit x2 or x3.

What is the purpose of 3 majors? What do you want to accomplish? Most employers would be thrilled with you having a level of Spanish you can use in your job, whether it is an official major, minor, or just a skill you have.

If you major in one thing, you can fill the rest of your time with classes that interest you. Sometimes, it naturally leads to a double major or a major with a minor. I would think that a double major in business management and Spanish would set you up very well. You could take electives in topics that filled in gaps based on your interests.

I am not sure what you gain from a triple major. It merely imposes restrictions on your academic "adventure ". In fact, it could make it hard to study abroad (which I would recommend you do, preferably for a year) to really get your Spanish to a point where you can use it.