Is UC Davis better than UC irvine?

<p>Is UC Davis better than UC irvine? Just wondering</p>

<p>yes 10char</p>

<p>For What?</p>

<p>It is a silly question. Depends on what you are studying</p>

<p>And what kind of atmosphere you want and a bunch of other factors.</p>

<p>I hate that question about any two schools! Is Harvard better than your local state school? Maybe! What do you want out of your college education? What is your major? What are your values? Is money a factor? Does it make a difference in your chosen (at this time) profession? Will you be better off in 5, 10, 20, 50 years because of your choice?</p>

<p>I think the OP means
Overall, which provides a more respected/stronger/prestigious undergraduate degreee.</p>

<p>^ that still depends on other factors such as major and whatnot</p>

<p>Overall, on average between the majors.</p>

<p>There is a general consensus that it is the #4 best UC. Of course, this doesn’t make the difference in anything.</p>

<p>Yep,
of the mid-tier ucs…
ucsb > ucd > uci</p>

<p>nope,
or mid-tier ucs…
ucd > ucsb > uci</p>

<p>hahaha ucsb>ucd?
Davis is better than Santa Barbara.</p>

<p>The mid tiers are all about even with each other in most ranking systems, and as far as the quality of incoming students goes (GPA and SAT scores), all three have nearly identical statistics.</p>

<p>NO UCI is better hahaha~~</p>

<p>lol it depends. For Bio majors UCD exceeds the other two. For Engineer Majors and maybe econ, UCSB exceeds the other 2. For Business Majors UCI, since the other two dont even have a business school.</p>

<p>It is significantly better. </p>

<p>Davis>Irvine</p>

<p>Overall they’re both relatively close so most people probably cant say one is THAT MUCH better than the other -.-. If you want consistency on the ranking then UCD has usually been ranked higher than UCI o.o. I’ve never seen UCI rank higher than UCD(tied yes).</p>

<p>Depends what field you study. They are pretty close, neither is significantly better than the other. Both are good schools.</p>

<p>yea, but i’m just saying overall wise :stuck_out_tongue: not major wise :P.</p>

<p>I’m not sure what you’re talking about above. Irvine has definitely ranked higher than Davis in the past. They go back and forth pretty consistently.</p>

<p>Overall (whatever that means), they are the same.</p>