is USF and FSU a good school for nursing

<p>i mean acedemically like will i be able to get a well paying job after i finish like four years. i know those highschools are really good location wise and socially but i just want to know f the nursing program is good.</p>

<p>i live in newyork but im moving down there after senior year and trying to look for good nursing schools</p>

<p>thanks!</p>

<p>Academically the best Nursing Programs in Florida are probably at the Univ. of Miami and the Univ. of Florida. However, USF and FSU also have excellent Nursing Programs and would probably be a little easier to get accepted into. Florida has a major shortage of RN’s (at least right now) so job opportunities are better than in many other areas of the country. Unfortunately the pay scale for RN’s in most areas of the state is not that great (but you still can make a decent living). Many RN’s in Florida that work in hospitals will tell you that they are overworked and understaffed. Best of luck to you.</p>

<p>thanks for the reply. but im stuck on which ones to narrow it down to since im looking for the following:</p>

<p>good nursing program thatll get me a good job</p>

<p>since im from the city one thats more diverse w/ minorites since i dont want them all to be valley girl type hipsters, or stereotypical beach boys/girls.</p>

<p>one close to an urban type city</p>

<p>social sometime party enviroment. </p>

<p>if possible not one thats too large or overpopulated.</p>

<p>i know i may be kind of picky but i want to narrow those schools to a few that’ll better fit what im looking for. thank you so much!</p>

<p>All the four schools mentioned have nationally highly recognized and excellent Nursing Programs. I don’t believe you could identify any one of them as being better in helping land you a good nursing job following graduation. Most grads tend to have the most luck in finding their first Nursing jobs at hospitals that are affiliated with their respective college for clinical rotations. </p>

<p>All these schools are located in, or just outside, major large Florida cities. UF, FSU, and USF are very large schools with student populations of over 40,000. UM is much smaller with a student population of around 16,000. UM also has a very diverse student population with about 35% minority students. All these schools are very social with some partying but it would depend on your interests to the extent you would choose to be involved in such activities. All these schools have tons of other things to do besides partying.</p>

<p>You really should visit the schools to try to get a sense where you might best “fit in”. If you are planning on applying to Nursing Programs just in Florida I would suggest applying to a number of them, at least 4 or 5. No one can guarantee admission to any of them and they are all extremely competitive for Nursing admission. I hope this info is a little helpful to you.
Best of luck to you.</p>

<p>Thank you for your advice and reply it really helps. also do you know anything about their financial aid/scholarships and the schools thatll better offer them for som1 out of state who’ll eventually move down there.</p>