Is UW-M good for Microbiology program?

<p>Hello!</p>

<p>I am a student who wants to be a molecular virologist and I recently have been searching </p>

<p>for universities that have good microbiology programs...and I found out that University of </p>

<p>Wisconsin-Madison has a excellent microbio program, including bacteriology.</p>

<p>To those who attend UW-M, how is its microbiology program and researches?</p>

<p>UW Madison micro program is the best program around. I obtained my first degree there and despite the additional classes in my grad program, it was what I learned at the UW that I used over my entire career. Your senior year, take the course assoc. with the Public Health Lab. And find part time jobs through out the campus every semester, in the micro labs, the chem labs, the immuno labs, etc. It is a great profession and there is a severe shortage. All my virology expertise came after grad school in a specialized research lab. Those opportunities are hard to find, but be willing to go where the jobs are. Good luck!</p>

<p>Easily one of the best and they recently moved to a new state of the art building. This is right in the heart of UW’s strongest areas.</p>

<p>[The</a> Microbial Sciences Building](<a href=“Microbial Sciences Building | University of Wisconsin-Madison”>Microbial Sciences Building | University of Wisconsin-Madison)</p>

<p><a href=“Microbial Sciences Building | University of Wisconsin-Madison”>Microbial Sciences Building | University of Wisconsin-Madison;

<p>As an aside, if you say “UW-M” or “UWM” while you’re in Wisconsin, people will think you’re talking about UW-Milwaukee, not UW-Madison.</p>