Is UW Madison good for premed?

<p>I'm impressed by the achievement made by the biology/biochemistry department of UW. That is what I'm thinking of going there while I will do my premed. Is there any grade deflation/inflation? Lots of research opportunities? medical volunteer opportunities? And if it is possible, please also tell me the medical acceptance rate. Thank you in advance. I appreciate any help.</p>

<p>ps. I'm applying this fall.</p>

<p>Yes...........................They have the second most people going to med school after Michigan. Don't know about the accept rate but Wisconsin has two med schools and both are dominated by UW grads.</p>

<p>UW's pre-med & med school programs have excellent reputations. And if you're in-state, it's an incredible bargain, to boot.</p>

<p>Anecdotally, the students I have known who hoped to go to med school have gotten in. They were smart, driven, high-achievers who had undergrad research opportunities. (Majors of the kids I know were mostly biology and genetics. I don't personally know any biochemistry majors.) Caveat: several of these kids also had parents who are doctors, which helped in the summer employment race.</p>

<p>Have you looked into the Med Scholars program? If you have outstanding test scores, grades, achievements and service, you might consider applying. I believe they take about 40 of the best & brightest, with guaranteed med school acceptance if they maintain a certain standard. I know a few kids who have been admitted to this program over the years, and they truly were of the walk-on-water variety.</p>